Friday 25 March 2016

Islaahi Correspondence | Letter Seventeen | Mawaa'iz

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem


LETTER SEVENTEEN


Reading Mawaa`iz

Question

My very beloved Hazrat Maulana,
As-Salaamu alaykum wa-Rahmatullahi wa-Barakaatuhu

Hope Hazrat is keeping well, Insha-Allah.

Alhamdulillah although Hazrat did not reply in writing to my query about not completing the prescribed Zikr, I firmly believe that Hazrat must have made Dua for me. Alhamdulillah, I am experiencing the effects of those Duas since the time I sent the previous letter and even before Hazrat’s reply. Alhamdulillah, I am completing my Zikr or at least most of it.

Hazrat Mufti Saheb has advised me to read the Mawaa`iz of Hazrat Hakeemul Ummah (Rahimahullah). Alhamdulillah, I am really enjoying it. However, when I come across a unique and interesting incident or explanation, the first thought that comes to my mind is that I must remember this so that I may relate it to my students or relate it in a bayaan. Is this contrary to Ikhlaas? I get the feeling that ideally one should remember such things for the purpose of one’s own practice.


Reply

Bismillahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Wa-alaykumus Salaam wa-Rahmatullahi wa-Barakaatuhu

1.)    Alhamdulillah, I am well. Making lots of Dua for your progress.

2.)    Masha-Allah, pleased to read that you are steadfast on Zikr.

3.)    Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi (رَحْمَةُ اللهِ عَلَيْهِ)’s Mawaa`iz are a must for our 'Ulama. If you come across such incidents or explanations, the first Niyyah (intention) should be Amal, then sharing it with others, for the pleasure of Allah Ta’ala.

4.)    Convey my Salaams to the family, with request for Duas.

Was-Salaamu alaykum wa-Rahmatullahi wa-Barakaatuhu
Yunus Patel (Maulana)